Daily Ramble 152: First Degree and Six Shows From Last Week
My first stop on my Six Degrees trip this time around is Bio Break which is a blog I’ve been keeping track of for a while. Covering a bunch of the games I enjoy, Syp keeps me entertained and informed and I’m happy to place him in my first degree.
Along with starting up my Six Degrees travels, I also wanted to take a look at a few of the TV show I watched last week and I settled on focusing on shows where I’m trying to catch up. I’ve recorded these programs but haven’t seen them yet and some I’m still not caught up after watching a few this week.
Syp has been someone I’ve been following for quite a while and actually Bio Break has been featured in a couple of my previous Six Degrees posts here and here. As usual, he covers many of the games I’m interested in – WoW, Rift, LotRO, Secret World Legends, he’s even mentioned Champions Online from time to time.
In his latest few posts, he’s covered quite a variety of games and topics but one that particularly interests me is that I see that he’s been toying with WoW again as the countdown to the next expansion starts in earnest with patch 7.3.5. Reading his post has me itching to get back into WoW a bit to see where things are at now. He also brings up some interesting points about how people play MMOs these days – do you read the quest texts? I do since I enjoy seeing what the designers have in mind and since I like reading…books and comics, I figure the least I can do when someone tries to put together a decent story is to read it.
In all, Bio Break is a fun blog to read and I’ve got it sitting prominently in my feed reader and I usually listen to Syp’s Battle Bards podcast as well.
This has been an installment of my Six Degrees 2018 series in which I take a look at the wonderful blogs that surround Beyond Tannhauser Gate. The blogosphere is large but there are so many friends to be found within Six Degrees.
Some Fun Television
This time of year is kinda a downtime for must see shows for me. I have a bunch of TV that I like to watch that are produced in February but for the most part, these shows are ones I can record and watch whenever…they aren’t anything where I worry I’ll get spoiled by people at work or on the blogs I read.
This past week I caught up on a few of these shows that I’ve got recorded and as usual, I’m glad I set them up for my TiVo. Here are the top 6 (not in any order) that I binged or at least watched 2 or more episodes of this week…
- The Good Place – this finished up a really good season and I certainly hope it comes back again for season 3.
- Baskets – not the happiest show on TV but it’s sooooo good. Louie Anderson is wonderful and deserves the awards he’s received for this!
- Impractical Jokers – the new season just started but this is a show where I can watch any episode anytime – it’s one of the few shows where I actually laugh out loud.
- Better Late than Never – this is another fun diversion with William Shatner, Henry Winkler, George Foreman, and Terry Bradshaw – how could you not have a fun show when the 4 of these guys are traveling around the world?
- Future Man – found this one on Hulu and it really impressed me. So many spoofs, so many assaults on steriotypical science fiction, it’s wonderful. It started out like the Last Starfighter but it’s got parts from Terminator, Buckaroo Bonsai, and so many other classic movies and show that every episode is a fun trip down memory lane.
- The Curse of Oak Island – I just found out this is the highest rated cable show on Tuesday nights and I am one of those viewers. Will they find the Holy Grail? The Ark of the Covenant? Pirate Treasure? Who knows but it’s fun watching them dig and metal detect each week to see if they do find anything.